High-level changes from IDNA2003 in the "current work"

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Fri Mar 7 15:09:49 CET 2008

--On Thursday, 06 March, 2008 18:18 -0500 Vint Cerf
<vint at google.com> wrote:

> that looks like a pretty good list. harald alvestrand, john
> klensin and patrik faltstrom will likely have more precise
> response.  I wonder if it is worth summarizing "by document" ?

Vint,

I think not.  Following Paul's lead in notes about the charter,
I'd rather separate the principles of what we are doing from the
details of document organization.   Remember how recently
"draft-klensin-idnabis-protocol" was split off from
"draft-klensin-idnabis-issues" and the latter changed enough in
content that the file name no longer really matches to content
(or title, which has been changed a few times too).   One might
include references in the list to the document(s) in which the
topic is addressed, but that isn't quite what I think you are
suggesting.