3492bis

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Jun 19 22:23:21 CEST 2008

Frank,
would you have a text to propose? It would make easier to understand
what it represents.
Why would you not introduce it as an RFC 3492bis private submission
with Adam Costello?

I am sure that Adam could review the text upon the experience of some
discusions he shared, like for mail addresses.  This could lead to an
extended punycode that could be tested. It should provide full
backward compatibility, so this WG would not have to consider it, but
the Community could have a more powerfull tool that might
consistently address needs IDNA does not support (such those that
lead ".su" to adopt its position, that many other ccTLD will probably
adopt). This way it would be a network stability factor.
jfc