Comments on the Unicode Codepoints and IDNA Internet-Draft

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Tue Jul 29 13:28:00 CEST 2008

I think you are mistreading Ken's statement, since he is aware that there is
no (formal) mapping phase. Where he says "The requirement
>in the protocol to normalize to NFKC will result in
>the correct Korean Hangul syllables in the range
>U+AC00..U+D7A3 being passed to the registry for lookup,"
read that as:

The requirement in the protocol that the text be in NFKC format results in
the correct Korean Hangul syllables ...

For example, a sequence of jamo "n" + "a" is disallowed by the protocol,
while the canonical equivalent syllable "na" is allowed.

Mark