Comments on the Unicode Codepoints and IDNA Internet-Draft

Frank Ellermann hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 00:37:31 CEST 2008

Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> This kind of restriction should be a matter of registry
> policy, but not be something built into the protocol
> and the table it uses.

Just in case, I would not know what "old Hangul" is when
it bites me.  The registry in Korea and maybe others will
know it, they can forbid it.  Other registries could say
"it is PVALID, here is your domain, have fun".

If you see potential harm in conjunction with a clueless
registry please say so.  Similar a Korean registry might
not know how good, bad, or ugly Latf is; and a proposal
to disallow Latf generally could make sense from my POV.

 Frank