Single-letter names

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sat Jul 5 18:55:36 CEST 2008

no, I was specific that my remarks were oriented solely to the IDN
question. I do not believe that our work on IDNs deals with the ASCII
LDH question except insofar as we are constrained to assure that our
mapping of IDN's expressed in some form of UNICODE does not conflict
with established practices associated with ASCII domain names. It is
clear that a valid IDN is a minimum of some 6 ASCII characters I
believe, and that means none of the IDN work will directly implnge on
questions about single character ASCII domain names at top level or
elsewhere.

vint