Unwanted attachment

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Jan 31 15:32:52 CET 2008

At 07:23 -0500 2008-01-31, Vint Cerf wrote:
>Michael,
>
>i am sure you would not want Harald to do that -
>it would mean that no one could send any
>attachments to the list.

Oh, I don't know. I personally prefer to get
attachments from servers via a URL embedded in an
e-mail, than having them sent directly,
especially on lists like this where my interest
(and presumably my usefulness) is not so much in
the attachments as in the discussion.

>Patrik's email is legitimate within the email protocols.

Well. There's a world of e-mail out there and
it's only on these lists with a certain kind of
really élite user that these kinds of attachments
turn up.

Anyway, thanks to Patrick for turning the signatures off.