Unwanted attachment

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Jan 31 13:03:43 CET 2008

At 12:53 +0100 2008-01-31, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>On 31 jan 2008, at 12.33, Michael Everson wrote:
>
>>Please stop sending your PGP.sig file. I have
>>many of them now. I don't need any of them.
>
>They are all different as they are the
>electronic signature of the mail according to
>RFC 1847 from 1995.

What a thrill.

>Just throw them away if you are not interested
>in verifying that the message is really from me
>and has not been altered during transport.

No, Patrik. "Just throwing them away" means going
into my Attachments folder, finding them, and
"just throwing them away". This is a waste of my
time. I am not paranoid about whether your
messages have been intercepted and altered. I
don't use the PGP files you send out. They are
useless clutter and an annoyance.

>1847 Security Multiparts for MIME: Multipart/Signed and
>      Multipart/Encrypted. J. Galvin, S. Murphy, S. Crocker, N. Freed.
>      October 1995. (Format: TXT=23679 bytes) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

Not everybody is an IETF geek and not everybody
wants this kind of junk to be received in every
mail sent out.

Please be polite, and stop sending out these unwanted attachments.