Casefolding Sigma (was: Re: IDNAbis PreprocessingDraft)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Jan 25 15:24:25 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 07:08:51PM +0900,
 Martin Duerst <duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote
 a message of 397 lines which said:

> >Picking up an example from one of Stephane's notes, the decision
> >that GOOGLE.com and google.com should be equivalent was made before
> >there was a Google and indeed long before there was an Internet.
>
> I agree that with respect to GOOGLE and google, they should
> be equivalent.

My example was G00GLE and google, not GOOGLE and google. The fact that
most people on the list confused them (and thought I was asking for
case-sensitivity) clearly demonstrates that confusability has nothing
to do with Unicode and should be regarded as off-topic for IDN.