Comments on IDNA Bidi

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Tue Jan 15 01:17:59 CET 2008

I think what Harald is trying to do at multiple levels:

   1. specify the mechanism
   2. determine and describe the requisite properties for the mechanism
   (eg that characters don't "hop" between different labels)
   3. describe how to mechanically verify that the mechanism has the
   requisite properties.

The last two parts might be a bit more complicated, but very few people
would actually need to be concerned with them. And only (2) would require
use of the bidi algorithm.

Once we have #2 and #3, then we can verify that Michel's method and/or
Harald's method works; tweak if necessary; and go with the simplest
formulation.

Mark

Mark