Alternatives to IDNA -- draft-klensin-idna-alternatives-00.txt

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Mon Feb 18 21:35:10 CET 2008

Hi.

I've just submitted a new document,
draft-klensin-idna-alternatives-00.txt, which will attempt to
respond to a long series of,  "wouldn't this be better
instead?", "I have another idea", and "why can't we?" comments
and suggestions that have arisen both before and after IDNA2003
was approved.    It should appear in the archives fairly soon.

While it should not be a work item in any way for this group, it
may help defend us (and IDNA in general) from nonsense.  I hope
to enlist several of you as volunteers to add entries that
should be on the list in Section 4 and to flesh out both the
existing entries and the new ones.

Suggestions about additional places where this should be
announced, and a good place to discuss it (I hope the
idna-update list can be spared) would also be appreciated.