UCD format in utilities

Patrik Fältström paf at cisco.com
Fri Feb 15 11:05:26 CET 2008

On 14 feb 2008, at 00.14, Mark Davis wrote:

> You had requested at one point to modify the Unicode utilities to
> not have
> the character literals.
>
> I modified the utilities so that there is an extra checkbox that
> selects UCD
> format (no literals, standard .. in ranges, no U+). You can also
> pass it in
> as a parameter, using ucd=1.

Great!

> For example, here is the set of assigned characters in blocks whose
> names
> have the word "latin" in them (case insensitive).
>
> http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?
> ucd=1&a=[[:block=/(?i)latin/:]-[:unassigned:]]

This makes it easier for me to do a "diff" between your and mine tables.

I have been quiet, but let me assure you all that I have read what you
written about the tables document, I have several "draft" messages
that I am updating while I am correcting both my code and my document.

As all of us, we have other things to do as well beside IDN
(unfortunately?), and after the hard work with -04, I simply had to
prioritize some other things (like family). But I hope I can get those
messages sent during the coming weekend.

   Thanks! Patrik