consensus item - "IDNA2008"

YAO Jiankang yaojk at cnnic.cn
Tue Dec 23 10:21:01 CET 2008

I agree with Vint's suggestion. we can stick to use IDNA2008.

now many of us explain the IDNA2008 as that IDNAbis is completed in 2008.

Why not use a different understanding?

IDNA2008 means that we have created an IETF IDNAbis WG and done the essential work in 2008. 2008 is a milestone for IDNA.

So I prefer to using IDNA2008 as the historical memory.

YAO Jiankang