IANA actions and tables document

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Fri Dec 12 14:52:14 CET 2008

On 12 dec 2008, at 09.21, Martin Duerst wrote:

> But depending on occasional and probably rare property changes
> to trigger IETF review of new Unicode versions is really backwards.

Not "new Unicode versions", we talk about reviewing what to do with
the single codepoint(s) that are changed in Unicode so that it create
incompatible versions of IDNA2008. There are a few different outcomes
possible:

- Add to backward compatible list (no change of the derived property
value)
- Add to exceptions (a change in property value, but not to the
calculated property)
- No changes (and allow the incompatibility, i.e. change in derived
property value)

    Patrik