Security Considerations: bad split

Mark Davis mark at macchiato.com
Fri Dec 5 19:08:57 CET 2008

I believe that is more confusing to users than a unified security
considerations section. Most people that care about security want a
comprehensive discussion of the security impact of IDNA2008, and splitting
it up into separate sections only confuses the poor reader.
The use of IDNA2008 is also just pointlessly confusing. Three years from
now, it will just look dumb to use the name IDNA2008 for something that
actually came out in 2009. And it would be just so very simple to fix;
taking each of the authors 5 minutes with search&replace to make the change
in their next version, so I just don't understand the objection.

But if the rest of the wg doesn't care, I won't push this any further.

Mark