Issues lists and the "preprocessing" topic

Lisa Dusseault ldusseault at commerce.net
Wed Aug 20 19:11:00 CEST 2008

On Aug 20, 2008, at 8:09 AM, Erik van der Poel wrote:

> The browser developers have been far too quiet on this mailing list.
> What are your opinions, plans, etc?

It's not just browsers, either. I suspect we'll see even more problems
in application software that may be (in some instances) less
sophisticated about URIs than browsers are.  Text editors, WYSIWYG
editors, calendar clients, IM clients, presentation authoring
software, file readers (like PDF readers) -- these all may present
URIs that users can click on and allow users to enter non-ASCII
characters into such URIs.  I don't really expect most of these kinds
of developers to participate in IDNABIS in general, so I really don't
know how to integrate their needs properly.

Lisa