Stability of valid IDN labels

Frank Ellermann hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 02:02:43 CEST 2008

John C Klensin wrote:

> pressures from the entire user community will act against
> any excesses.

Agreed, I just wanted to point out that some changes are not
under the control of a user community, but, as Mark put it,
controlled by "national bodies".

> One of the disadvantages of having a successful standard
> is that it gets really hard to change anything significant,
> even if one concludes that would be a good idea

Yes, I vaguely recall that there is a case where they cannot
update an obvious typo in a (normative) character name, but
I don't find it again.  They have an alias mechanism to fix
such errors indirectly.  No IDN issue, fortunately.

 Frank