Constraints (was: Re: Stability of valid IDN labels)

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Mon Apr 21 21:54:03 CEST 2008

Louis,

One more comment I intended to make but temporarily forgot...

--On Sunday, 20 April, 2008 23:26 +0200 LB <lbleriot at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But I need it is not worse. I need that to be
> better. And I know that it's getting worse very quickly when
> the solution is "more constraints."

>From a protocol design standpoint, "more constraints" may equate
to behavior that is more predictable globally, more ability to
extend things later as needs change, and a system that is more
easily explained to end users.   Constraints (which could be
called several other things) do not necessarily make things
worse.