Another exception candidate: U+0F0B Tibetan tsek

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Thu Apr 3 07:36:48 CEST 2008

Kenneth Whistler skrev:
> Mark and I have been suggesting all along that you can get
> most of the way where you want to be by using the Unicode
> identifier rules -- and that is roughly what Patrik is doing
> now in the draft-faltstrom-idnabis-tables-05.txt document.
> But the people concerned about IDNs need to decide the
> uncomfy edge cases: the sharp-s, the Sindhi word abbreviations,
> the Tibetan tsek, the middle dot, the Hebrew geresh and gershayim --
> all the ones people like to argue about. And then -- precisely
> because those are *not* accounted for by generic identifier
> rules, you need to write down your agreed-upon exception
> list for IDNs.

By this time, it should also be blatantly obvious that there's an
extremely high risk that we will discover cases that need to be in the
exception list AFTER the specification is published. And we need to
decide what to do about that.

But since that's a discussion that the WG is allowed to have according
to the proposed charter, I'll not comment further on that until the
charter is approved.

            Harald