Greek Casefolding sigma

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Apr 1 00:06:55 CEST 2008

Sorry must not have read carefully!

----- Original Message -----
From: mark.edward.davis at gmail.com <mark.edward.davis at gmail.com>
To: Vint Cerf
Cc: Markus Scherer; klensin at jck.com <klensin at jck.com>; patrik at frobbit.se <patrik at frobbit.se>; panaretou.sotiris at ucy.ac.cy <panaretou.sotiris at ucy.ac.cy>; segred at ics.forth.gr <segred at ics.forth.gr>; idna-update at alvestrand.no <idna-update at alvestrand.no>
Sent: Mon Mar 31 14:16:00 2008
Subject: Re: Greek Casefolding sigma

I'm not talking about modifying PunyCode -- we've all agreed that that's out of scope for the charter. What I was thinking about was postprocessing the Punycode result to use the case of the letters in the Punycoded string to carry information about the case of the original string. This is just blue-skying -- nothing should distract from the main order of business, which is getting the charter done.

Mark