idna-bis and Eszett

Erik van der Poel erikv at google.com
Wed Nov 28 18:33:14 CET 2007

Refactoring the specs and/or making them more modular sounds
reasonable to me. It's a bit ironic that Patrik said that the group
tried hard for the first time to have all of the pieces in sync, when,
clearly, one of the pieces (the mapping) is missing. :-)

However, moving the case mapping and normalization to the IRI spec
seems a bit problematic if there may be other specs that need to refer
to the mapping spec but don't need IRIs. What do the email folks
intend to do with IDNs?

Erik