Table-building

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Wed Jan 31 23:43:13 CET 2007

We could restrict the table to changing only with versions of Unicode that
add characters. Those periods would vary from about one to two years. For
some recent history, that would have been:

Unicode 3.2: March, 2002
Unicode 4.0: April, 2003
Unicode 4.1: March, 2005
Unicode 5.0: July, 2006
Unicode 5.1: ~Q1, 2008

And the property would only add characters, never remove them.

Mark

On 1/31/07, Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald at alvestrand.no> wrote:

> --On 14. desember 2006 18:24 -0800 Kenneth Whistler <kenw at sybase.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The *table* itself should unambiguously be defined as
> > the list of characters appropriate for inclusion in
> > IDNA. IDNAInclusion.txt (or whatever name you like).
>
> And how often do you believe this table would change?
>
> Once a month?
> Once a year?
> Once a decade?
>
> I think I disagree violently with you, but that is because I understand
> you
> as saying that the table would change "once a decade". If it changes once
> month, the "unambiguous" table is a thin illusion papered over a tri-state
> model.
>
>                Harald

Mark