[Almost OT] Re: Hangul jamo issues - are jamo sequenceslegitimate?

Martin Duerst duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Jan 11 04:40:06 CET 2007

I agree with Michel (and Mark and others). If a platform has
some limitations, implementations of user agents for those
platforms can make sure they provide a means to still input
the relevant characters, but this issue is separate from the
IDN specification. You don't lose the input method for jamos,
you only move it to a different level.

I think one error in IDNA2003 was that we wanted to prescribe
the behavior of user agents, too, which was one reason for
why we went as far as NFKC. But there is no way we can actually
prescribe how stuff is input, after all, it may be by voice
input, by pen input, by hunt and peck in a pannel, and so on.

Regards,     Martin.