IDNNever.txt

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Mon Feb 12 19:51:03 CET 2007

As a more direct follow-up to Patrik's message, here are the characters that
are Symbol, but are not Pattern_Syntax. (The expression also excludes code
points such that cp!=NFKC(cp) -- that's the

http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=[[:Symbol:]-[:PatternSyntax:]-[:NFKC_QuickCheck=No:]]

For comparison, here is the list that Ken last had:

http://unicode.org/cldr/utility/list-unicodeset.jsp?a=[[:PatternSyntax:][:PatternWhitespace:][:Whitespace:][:VariationSelector:][:NoncharacterCodePoint:][:Format:][:Control:]-[:NFKCQuickCheck=No:]\u002D\u200C\u200D]

Mark

On 2/11/07, Patrik Fältström <patrik at frobbit.se> wrote:

> I think one can say that from an IETF perspective, the question is
> whether one should allow codepoints in the Unicode table that is of
> one or more of the following General Categories should be allowed in
> the U-label as defined by the document edited by John:
>
> gc ; Sc        ; Currency_Symbol
> gc ; Sk        ; Modifier_Symbol
> gc ; Sm        ; Math_Symbol
> gc ; So        ; Other_Symbol
>
> What John says is that we who look at this problem so far have not
> seen enough evidence that these classes really are needed so that
> they should be included. We are using an inclusion based algorithm
> this time.
>
> What it a special General Category you where thinking of Avri?
>
>     Patrik

Mark