goal and structure of draft-klensin-idnabis-issues

Erik van der Poel erikv at google.com
Fri Feb 2 23:29:30 CET 2007

As I read your idnabis-issues Internet Draft, I found that it was
difficult to decide what types of comments to make, since I didn't
know what the goal of the draft was:

Is this draft intended to be the 1st of a number of drafts that will
eventually lead to an RFC about the issues and some of the proposals?
Or will they lead to an "IDNA Overview" RFC, similar to RFC 3490?

Also, it might be easier to make concrete comments if the draft was
divided into sections corresponding to:

(1) issues
(2) solutions (or principles for solutions)

There may be some need for a section (0) on background. Also, section
(2) could be put in a separate Internet Draft?

To sum up, I believe it would be easier to comment on the draft if
there were a clear distinction between perceived issues and proposed