Table-building

William Tan dready at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 01:47:49 CET 2007

On 2/1/07, Kenneth Whistler <kenw at sybase.com> wrote:

> > --On 14. desember 2006 18:24 -0800 Kenneth Whistler <kenw at sybase.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > The *table* itself should unambiguously be defined as
> > > the list of characters appropriate for inclusion in
> > > IDNA. IDNAInclusion.txt (or whatever name you like).
> >

>From the above, I get the feeling that you are proposing a static list of
characters. If, however, you are suggesting that the list of characters is
one that is included in UCD with every new version/errata of Unicode, and is
derived from a set of properties, then I think it makes sense.

Is IDNPermitted.txt the new name for it?

> The statement of the IDNA nameprep, however it gets worked out
> in detail, is going to need an inclusion table.

But we aren't actually going to list the characters in the new spec. It'll
just be a reference to something like:
http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/IDNPermitted.txt

Right?

> I just pushed up IDNPermitted.txt to demonstrate what the
> documentation for such a binary character property could (and
> probably would) look like, if published as part of the Unicode
> Character Database. The property is then easy to refer to
> and easy to implement.

+1.

=wil