Re: idna folding (was Re: idna-bis and '゜')

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Tue Dec 18 00:02:24 CET 2007

On 17 dec 2007, at 17.30, Erik van der Poel wrote:

> Would you please confirm whether you are talking about registration or
> resolution here?

I have got requests from browser programmers whether it is possible
for them to know what equivalences the registries have used at time of
registration. So that the browser when accepting written input (on a
keyboard) can do similar mappings etc that is happening at time of
registration. Context dependent mapping. If nothing else to possibly
minimize phishing etc while still ensuring no false positives.

I.e more and more requests I have got regarding mapping at time of
lookup is to know how to ensure the mapping at resolution is the same/
similar as mapping at time of registration.

    Patrik