Standards and localization (was Dot-mapping)

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Sat Dec 8 15:36:22 CET 2007

john,

I think there might have been an error in your example.
I would have thought that the non-IDNA browser which thinks
"." is the separator and does not know that "?" is intended
to be a separator would parse the underlined string below
into:

"www" "xn--0xaat?example" and "com"

your point is still correctly made - just the parsing looked wrong.

vint