IDNAPrep

Michel Suignard michelsu at windows.microsoft.com
Tue Apr 3 19:43:46 CEST 2007

This is a reminder that I created the following document
http://www.unicode.org/~suignard/udraft-suignard-idnaprep-00.html
(posted a few weeks ago) which should be consistent with the current
IDNAbis context in as much as it does not mandate case folding and does
not accept unassigned characters. Or as the document put it:
<<
This document is aligned with the design proposed in [IDNABis] (Klensin,
J., "Proposed Issues and Changes for IDNA - An Overview," February
2007.) and aims at addressing the name processing steps described in
sections 3.2.1.3 to 3.2.1.5 (Registration) and 3.2.2.3 to 3.2.2.6
(Domain Name Resolution). It also addresses the right to left issue
described in section 6.3 and follows the design criteria described in
section 8.1. In other words this document should not be considered as a
competitive proposal to [IDNABis] but rather as a complementary piece.

My preference would be that its text in some shape or form be integrated
in the IDNA2000x to describe the remaining processing steps required to
valid IDN names. I am willing to help the editing as appropriate.

Michel