Mixing scripts (Re: Unicode versions (Re: Criteria for exceptional characters))

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Sun Dec 24 11:46:06 CET 2006

On 23 dec 2006, at 18.15, Erik van der Poel wrote:

> On the registration side, there are a number of ways to apply rules
> that might be considered to belong in the general area of "script
> mixing rules".

What we all have to remember is that "rules that are applied by a
registry" does only help with some of the problems. Anyone can
register whatever subdomains they want to a domain name they have.
This implies the most important rules, regardless, are the ones that
are applied to the protocol itself.

    Patrik