Unicode versions (Re: Criteria for exceptional characters)

Erik van der Poel erikv at google.com
Mon Dec 18 19:49:12 CET 2006

Sorry, when I said "warn about U+1431", I meant in our specs or
guidelines, not in the UI. If implementors heed our recommendations
regarding script-mixing as Mark suggested, then much of the problem
with this script is gone. URLs containing these characters may be
quite interesting. Some of them have double-dots and straight
diagonals. When you write a URL with these characters, you are almost
mixing scripts, it seems. I.e. you are mixing ASCII punctuation with
Canadian syllabics. Perhaps those users will get used to that.

Erik