What rules have been used for the current list of codepoints?

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Dec 14 19:58:59 CET 2006

On 14 dec 2006, at 11.10, Michael Everson wrote:

> , but *I* am absolutely sure that you cannot exclude characters
> from this block by excluding the block. This will deny IDN to
> millions of people.
>
> Is that clear enough?

This is exactly my point.

Just because some of the codepoints are really really really
important, we have to include the whole set of codepoints of that
{script,block,class,whatever}. Some other people on this list say
that when selecting that whole set, we will get also some codepoints
"for free" that we do not want.

That is for me evidence that the selectors that we discuss (and
should continue to discuss obviously) are not good enough.

    Patrik