What rules have been used for the current list of codepoints?

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu Dec 14 11:18:03 CET 2006

I have been following along, perhaps with less understanding than many, but
I continue to have concerns that we are not always distinguishing that which
is needed for expressive natural language, and that which is safe, stable,
and secure for Internet domain names.

Vint

Vinton G Cerf
Chief Internet Evangelist