[lsb@lsb.org: [EAI] (summary) display of RightToLeft chars in localparts and hostnames]

Soobok Lee lsb at lsb.org
Thu Dec 7 06:00:30 CET 2006

this is another problem from bidi localparts:

> > > (storage order)
> > >   LocalRTL at FirstRTL.SecondRTL.com
> > >
> > > (old display order)
> > >   LTRdnoceS.LTRtsriF at LTRlacoL.com

after applying    " s/([.@])/(LRE)&1(PDF)/g ";
we get:
      (new storage order for display)
        LocalRTL(LRE)@(PDF)FirstRTL(LRE).(PDF)SecondRTL(LRE).(PDF)com

When stringprep200?, 2nd and 3rd LRE will be deleted/prohibited,
but first LRE which is part of localpart string
would remain *attached* unless we apply some kind of preprocessing
to delete it before using it as recipient address in composing/replying.

This problem occurs when below displayed address is copy&pasted into
recipient address entry form in EAI-capable MUA for replying/composing.

> >   (new display order)
> >    LTRlacoL at LTRtsriF.LTRdnoceS.com

Soobok