IDNAbis Goals

Marcos Sanz/Denic sanz at denic.de
Fri Dec 1 21:35:22 CET 2006

Vint,

> We probably should take into account as much as we are able the
registered domain names as opposed to those that might possibly
> have been registered under the earlier rules. Also, one wonders to what
extent those IDNs that have been registered have been part
> of the domain name parking business as opposed to domain names for what
I will call functioning Internet destinations (not only
> web sites but other services also). It may be that not many
registrations fall into the area of backward incompatibility.

That is a new, broken definition of "backward incompatibility".

Gentlemen, if the work of this group would render invalid some existing
IDN (never mind if "parked" or "functioning" or at second or eighth
level), I think it's in scope to determine a mechanim for
support/migration of those.

Talking about "work" and "group": Are there plans to make an IETF working
group out of this friendly circle? It would help to provide attention to a
wider range of people and notoriously more input.

Best
Marcos